Life's a bastard...but sometimes it lets up

The life and times of an ordinary Dublin girl. Follow her journey as she finds out working from home really ISN'T about watching Oprah all day and that perhaps men aren't really all bastards.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Overheard in the Social Welfare Office....

I OVERHEARD the following exchange in a Social Welfare office in Dublin and just had to share it. It never ceases to amaze me how brass necked some people can be!

Drunk man to official: Where's me cheque, I need me cheque, I've a family to feed you know.
Official: You were supposed to pick up your cheque on Friday, it's now Monday, the officer you were dealing with won't be here til tomorrow.
Drunk man: Yeah, yeah, I know I was supposed to be here on Friday, but I got arrested, righ'?!

Followed by the purest silence I've ever heard outside of the top of the Alps! There's just no response to that is there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics

CounterData.com

google adwords professionals
google adwords professionals Counter