Life's a bastard...but sometimes it lets up

The life and times of an ordinary Dublin girl. Follow her journey as she finds out working from home really ISN'T about watching Oprah all day and that perhaps men aren't really all bastards.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Forgive me reader for I have sinned........

I have fallen off the Weightwatchers wagon. It is with shame and guilt that I must report that on Saturday night I ate a massive chocolate bar pushing me beyond my points limit and if that wasn’t enough, on Sunday night I ate an entire bag of tortilla chips AND drank several full-fat alcopops.

Then on Monday I went to McDonalds.

Dammit, I thought I could slip that one in without anyone noticing! It has not been a good diet week.

As regular (all 181 of you!) readers will know I had my first WW weigh-in last Thursday night and to my delight found I had dropped four pounds. After the success of that I was determined to stick with the plan and so on Friday I ate properly and even managed to have a Chinese takeaway (chicken and mushroom, three points!) without going over my points.

Then came Saturday. I was doing well up until dinner time, when I flipped out in a restaurant with friends and ordered spaghetti bolognese. And a coke. I don’t know what happened to me. I had the sentence “grilled chicken with a baked potato and salad please” all ready in my head but when the waitress came over I ordered the pasta and coke. Sigh. That alone might not have been enough to push me above my 25 points per day, but the chocolate bar I wolfed down afterwards certainly would!

I woke up on Sunday determined to do better and again, was doing well until the evening time when, while over at a friend’s house, I consumed a massive family sized bag of torilla chips single handedly. My friend looked on in horror, the chips had no chance. Again I don’t know what came over me, but I just cracked.

I woke up on Monday determined to do better and again was doing well, until I remembered I had promised to bring my niece to McDonald’s. I should have known better but I didn’t. I brought her along and couldn’t resist ordering a Big Mac and fries. It was a veritable massacre. You’d swear I hadn’t seen food in a week! The child will never be the same again. She keeps having nightmares and waking up muttering about “scary Auntie Kaz, she was so hungry, so very very hungry.”

And so to Tuesday. I stayed within my points limit and again today (Wednesday) I stayed under my points limit. I still have this evening and tomorrow to starve myself in preparation for the big weigh-in on Thursday. If I’m lucky I won’t have put back on the four pounds I lost. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

(I took this pic on my camera phone! Cool no?!)

2 Comments:

At 5:50 p.m., Blogger dunner74 said...

Everyone is allowed to fall off the wagon at least once and seen as you are did so well for the next 2 days you shall be forgiven!!

 
At 11:12 a.m., Blogger Paige A Harrison said...

I agree to err is human but a happy meal is divine!

You are absolved from your sins,
Go my child and sin no more,

or at least if you have to sin, make it worth your while (i.e. wagon wheels!)

Father Paige

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics

CounterData.com

google adwords professionals
google adwords professionals Counter