Life's a bastard...but sometimes it lets up

The life and times of an ordinary Dublin girl. Follow her journey as she finds out working from home really ISN'T about watching Oprah all day and that perhaps men aren't really all bastards.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

I have been absolved!


IT seems I wasn't such an animal over last weekend as I'd thought. You'll all be delighted to hear (I'm sure!) that at my Weightwatchers weigh-in on Thursday evening I'd lost 2.5lbs.

Phew!

I was sure I was destined to be an enormous hippo forever, so I'm glad that it hasn't come to pass just yet! So I've just a half a pound to go before I'll hit the half-stone gone mark and I'll get my 'silver seven'. Am not QUITE sure what that is, but I'm sure I'll find out at the next meeting. I'm slightly scared in case it's some sort of initiation procedure and I'll have to eat celery or something (the food of the devil), but we'll see!

Anyway, to celebrate actually losing some weight and not putting any on as I had imagined, I went straight home and did some sit ups, then went for a walk around the park, then.....ok ok, I didn't do ANY of those things.

In fact I went to the chipper.

There, I've said it. Yes, I bought an enormous bag of chips and chicken burger and I devoured every bite! It was like I hadn't seen food for a year, I understand there's a woman in the chipper still off on sick leave because of it. She's claiming emotional distress. She'd want to try sitting beside a slim blonde on the bus happily eating her way through five pounds of creamy chocolate. Then she'd know ALL about emotional distress!


Since I started this WW mularky I've been seeing food EVERYWHERE! And everywhere I look there seems to be young, slim, beautiful things tucking into dinners that'd put a rugby player to shame. And they're all laughing at me too, waving pieces of fried chicken and melt-in-the-mouth chocolate puddings at me...ok, maybe I'm making that last bit up but you get the drift!

Anyway, this is the longest I've ever stuck to a diet, so I think I'm going to hang on in there and see how next week and the next few weeks go. I think the family Christmas pictures won't be such a disaster this year!

Thanks for all the messages of support! (And if you haven't left me a supportive message yet, then do...remember I know where you live!)

2 Comments:

At 6:49 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I was advised to do was eat the healthy stuff six days per week and "reward" myself with a pig out on the seventh day, usually sunday. Having the chicken and chips to look forward to make the other meals more appetizing, i find.

congrats on the 2.5 lbs!

 
At 11:53 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thing about slim blonde girls is that they tend to be GELF's - Genetically Engineered Life Forms. Scientists have altered their bodies motabolism so that all the energy the get from eating is diverted into shopping for Guici handbags, pleading with Daddy to buy them a Beamer and trying to get Trevor, the Captain of the rugby team, to take them from behind! So you see, despite appearing as happy,normal, beautiful people, they are actually souless automotons.
Be strong, keep the faith and you just mind end up with that DVD & bottle of vino! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics

CounterData.com

google adwords professionals
google adwords professionals Counter