Life's a bastard...but sometimes it lets up

The life and times of an ordinary Dublin girl. Follow her journey as she finds out working from home really ISN'T about watching Oprah all day and that perhaps men aren't really all bastards.

Friday, November 18, 2005

I'm off the wagon


I’VE just eaten a huge turkey and coleslaw roll. And a packet of crisps and now I can barely type this as I’m shoving a double chocolate doughnut into my gaping gob.

In case you’re a bit slow on the uptake, I’ve officially fallen off the WeightWatchers wagon.

Last night’s weigh in showed I’d put ON 1.5lb which is not surprising given the amount of food I’ve eaten in the last week. I honestly think world hunger could be obliterated if they wired my jaw shut and distributed my food around the world. In fact I might just suggest it to Concern.

The thing is you see, I DO want to be slimmer..I er, just don’t want to give up eating the food I like. And yes, I’ve SEEN Supersize me, I KNOW what trans fats do to the human body, I REALISE I’m rotting myself from the inside out, but that doesn’t seem to stop me!
I’m like Mrs Doyle, I just seem to ‘go on go on go on go on go on’ and on eating. And eating. And drinking. And eating.

I think I might have a problem. However, yet again, I’m making a promise to myself and to you, my readers, that I will try harder, I will go back on the wagon, I will lose weight.

I can almost hear the celestial trumpets, feel the heat of the shining sun over my head, sense my heart lifting with purpose as I proclaim….I’LL START TOMORROW!

Pic from www.wordpower.ws

3 Comments:

At 4:06 p.m., Blogger Fi said...

Well at least you're able to laugh about it! And dieting is just soooo bloody boring isn't it?

 
At 4:20 p.m., Blogger KnackeredKaz said...

I know, that's the thing..it's the boredom that gets to me! All that counting and weighing and measuring...takes time away from shoving food down your gob! I have to fight the urge to go 'feck it, I can't be arsed'. But I shall perservere! Thanks for the support! I like your blog Fi by the way, I just can't remember how to do the links thing, but I'll figure it out and link to your blog soon!

 
At 3:00 a.m., Blogger dunner74 said...

The thing I find about dieting is that like a lot of things, variety is the spice of life, got to vary your choices and that wont make it as boring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics

CounterData.com

google adwords professionals
google adwords professionals Counter