Life's a bastard...but sometimes it lets up

The life and times of an ordinary Dublin girl. Follow her journey as she finds out working from home really ISN'T about watching Oprah all day and that perhaps men aren't really all bastards.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Save me Simmons!


I NEED help. I need motivation. I need will power. In short I need Richard Simmons.

The pint sized afro-haired fitness guru is my only hope now following last night's WeightWatchers debacle where it emerged I had put ON a whole pound.

GOAL has now officially declared my hips a disaster area.

I know I had written in my earlier post that I was expecting to have put on weight, but to actually see it on the scales in black and, er, silvery grey, was another thing entirely.

The lovely leader lady gave me a leaflet about comfort eating when I explained that I had been craving bread and salty snacks, which I was delighted with thinking it'd be full of tips about how to eat snacks yet not put on any weight.

But it was not to be. It turned out to be a motivational leaflet about saying no to savory snacks and asking yourself do you reeaaalllllyyyy want a packet of crisps (what a stupid question, of COURSE I want a packet of crisps!)

However, I have resolved to do better for next week. I AM determined to lose weight, it's just not as easy as I'd thought.

So I'm turning to Richard Simmons (and Chaka Khan..I'm every woommaaannn) for inspiration and will be repeating positive affirmations to myself every day (I want to lose weight, I WILL lose weight!) I'll keep you posted!

For those of you who don't know who Richard Simmons is check out www.richardsimmons.com where I got this pic!

4 Comments:

At 4:30 p.m., Blogger Red Mum said...

Ach it's only a pound and will be off again in a tick.

Oh and don't have Chaka Chan as your inspiration she has thighs that would crack walnuts, and not in a good way!

But it falls to me auld mantra 'thunderthighs are goooooo'!

 
At 1:46 a.m., Blogger no more said...

That man scares me.

You can do anything you set your mind to, don't let occasional weight gain stop you. Everyone I know who has been on weight watchers (not the program where you buy the food but where you count your points) has lost weight, and I mean like 100lbs+ of it. I wish I could just lose 10 but my body rejects any form of exercise and diet. :)

 
At 4:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi..this is Sandi, Lauren's sister. I too am deep in the depths of weight loss HELL! Everything you have written on the subject could have easily been written by me. I have lost a lot since I started in May, but am having such a hard time now. I crave hot dogs, which I actually don't like, and bread. On my diet, there is really no flexibility, so I can't have bread at all. SIGH! I hope you (and I) can stay motivated and get through it.

Cheers!

 
At 4:30 a.m., Anonymous Antenna Installation Brandon said...

Hi nice readiing your blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics

CounterData.com

google adwords professionals
google adwords professionals Counter