Life's a bastard...but sometimes it lets up

The life and times of an ordinary Dublin girl. Follow her journey as she finds out working from home really ISN'T about watching Oprah all day and that perhaps men aren't really all bastards.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Canada here I come!


Phew! It turns out our rickety old scale isn’t so decrepit after all and that I HAVE actually lost weight.

Four pounds!

Four whole pounds!

Ah it was a great night. Add the weight loss to the gorgeous black boob-a-licious top I bought in Sasha and the yummy honey shower gel I picked up in L’Occitane and it was a fantastic night! (Late night shopping, how are ya?)

Of course the shopping part means I now have no money left for the month, but at least that means I won’t be able to buy food. So it’s a win-win situation!

Now all I have to do is lose another gazillion pounds and I’ll be sorted. Canada here I come!

Pic: http://ukclipart.allinfo-about.co.uk/graphics/business/women/women.html
(It's me jumping for joy, by the way!)

6 Comments:

At 3:01 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, as someone who has come through the horror that is FatClub (and come out the other end fatter), I know the trepidation you would have been feelin yesterday afternoon, as you approached the scales, thinking "god mother of christ, isn't there anything else I can take off, which will make a difference to the numbers on this godforsaken machine?"

Anyway, my point before I embarked on the "I'm clearly still bitter" rant is: congrats. Take everyday as it comes and enjoy your success. Savour it, as you would a trio, or say, a hazelnut chocolate bar. hhhmmm chocolate.
...right where's the number for Overeaters Anon?

 
At 3:34 p.m., Blogger dunner74 said...

Congratulations, Keep up the hard work.

 
At 3:37 p.m., Blogger Red Mum said...

fantastic, well done and belated Happy Birthday greetings.

 
At 4:06 a.m., Blogger Gary said...

Congratulations. Four pounds is nice.

 
At 10:50 a.m., Blogger Fi said...

Good woman just remember how good it makes you feel when you loose and that'll help you keep the focus! That's what worked for me anyway!

 
At 1:02 p.m., Blogger Pure Cork Boy said...

What is it with you women and all this collective angst over your weight? Ok, I can understand those of you that may be genuinely overweight but I'll bet most of you are not and are perfectly good looking to boot!

And don't even get me started on fecking make-up! If I see another good-looking woman covering her perfectly pretty face in make-up, I'm going to go beserk! I don't even know any guys that actually like make-up, you're all being conned by the cosmetic industry! Wake up and smell the frothy cappuccino.

Yours, a confused male moving ever closer to the edge.

PS: I gotta amdit though, she is a damn funny and talented girl when it comes to this writing lark.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics

CounterData.com

google adwords professionals
google adwords professionals Counter