Life's a bastard...but sometimes it lets up

The life and times of an ordinary Dublin girl. Follow her journey as she finds out working from home really ISN'T about watching Oprah all day and that perhaps men aren't really all bastards.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Drumroll please.........my column!

HERE'S a sneak look at my first column for The Echo newspaper, based in south Dublin, hot off the presses today.

They decided on When it's all Said and Dunne, which I quite like myself, so thanks for all the suggestions, and thanks anonymous for the Said and Dunne idea!

Like Red Mum I'll hold off on posting it every week until a few days after the paper is out (to persuade people to buy it, it's only €1.60, gwan) but as it's the first week, I couldn't hold back.

(How pathetic am I? I've been working in the media for a decade, this isn't the first time I've seen my name in print, but I'm as excited as a child! Humour me.)

Anyway, here it is and if you happen to live in or near the south Dublin area, pick up a hard copy, boost the sales, justify my job, you know you want to!

I've just started using Flikr so if you want to actually read it, you'll have to click on the column and it'll take you to the Flikr page (I think) where you can see a bigger size (I think!)

9 Comments:

At 3:28 p.m., Blogger Red Mum said...

OOhhhhhh it's all pink and shiny... It looks fab and I love the layout and the pic.

Well dunne! (love the name as well).

 
At 4:27 p.m., Blogger KnackeredKaz said...

Thanks Red Mum! Sure I'm only trotting after you! (Oh the flattery, we make me sick don't we?!)

Ah seriously, thanks, I was a bit worried about how it would be presented and whether they'd chop it..but it's word for word what I submitted, so it's fantastic.

And once again I must reiterate, that the paper itself is really good, so I urge you all to become Echo readers

 
At 9:51 p.m., Blogger dunner74 said...

See I am not the only one who thinks it was a nice pic.

Congrats on the column.

 
At 11:08 a.m., Blogger Pure Cork Boy said...

Yay!!! Candice Bushnell eat your heart out!

(Not sure about the pink though... hmmm, then again you are a girlie I suppose.)

 
At 11:32 p.m., Blogger Gary said...

I went down to the newstand to get it, and apparently they aren't selling it in Texas. Now that you have a column, maybe they will.

 
At 4:44 a.m., Blogger Emma in Canada said...

Congrats...your column was very amusing. I am very, very, very glad that I no longer have to worry about dating, as I would be single for life with the way clubs are now.

 
At 9:42 a.m., Blogger Paige A Harrison said...

Well done Kaz. I love the whole "pink & shiny"-ness of it.
When can we expect you on Q&A (RTE) and have your answers questioned by JL Pagano?

 
At 9:38 a.m., Blogger Paul O'Mahony (Cork) said...

Congrats. I look forward to reading your columns. I'd love to see your review of "Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars".

 
At 5:40 p.m., Blogger Curly K said...

Well done Kaz. I'm with Rickard on the not sure about the pink and shiny bit (but I'm not really a pink sorta gal) but it looks great, well done you.

Curly K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics

CounterData.com

google adwords professionals
google adwords professionals Counter