Life's a bastard...but sometimes it lets up

The life and times of an ordinary Dublin girl. Follow her journey as she finds out working from home really ISN'T about watching Oprah all day and that perhaps men aren't really all bastards.

Friday, January 06, 2006

That's the weigh it is...


I THINK the man I was talking about yesterday who I pass in the street every day reads this blog. Because I didn’t see him today! I’ve been passing him every single day at the same time for months and months yet today, the day after I announce to the world that I’m going to say hello to him, he disappears.

I also think the ‘sweeper man’ might read this blog because he too has disappeared! Maybe they’re in cahoots together? It is now official – I repel men, even those men I’m not romantically interested in! Ah well, maybe they’ll be back on Monday.

I did, however, say hello to the flower shop man who’s usually out setting up his shop when I pass by in the mornings so at least that was something. He said hello back too, so at least he doesn’t think I’m a raving loon (are you listening guys?!)

On a heavier note (literally) I went back to Weight Watchers last night. The news was not good. Not only have I regained the weight I lost while I tried it out the first time a couple of months back, I’ve ALSO gained an extra five pounds, meaning I’m now 11lb heavier than I was.

It’s a lot to put on in a short space of time, so I really have to get rid of it and much much more, I’m deadly serious this time. I’m going to Canada in July and it’s hot over there and I refuse to spend my holiday sweating in long trousers and shirts because I’m too fat to uncover myself. It’s also getting to be a health worry too, so this is it. I’m going to follow the plan rigidly and when I lose weight I’m going to reward myself with something non-food like. Perhaps a new book, or CD or handbag. But the binge eating has to stop and it stops today.

I’ll be sending around an email to friends and colleagues later asking them to help me and not give me food and to slap my hands away if they see me with rubbish. So I’m asking you all to do the same. For the second time on this blog I’ll ask….Please Do Not Feed The Elephant!

Pic: www.thehindubusinessline.com

2 Comments:

At 10:28 p.m., Blogger Gary said...

Maybe he reads your blog.

 
At 4:43 a.m., Blogger Emma in Canada said...

Hot in Canada? Who told you such a tale?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics

CounterData.com

google adwords professionals
google adwords professionals Counter